Call for Full Papers
We are pleased to announce that full papers for BMS2018 will be published as a digital book from Impress Holdings.
Full registration participants except accompanying persons will have access to the proceeding of BMS2018 in the form of a digital book.
- Eligible: A participant who has received an acceptance of the abstract and will pay registration fees by the due date.
- Papers must be prepared using the “Template_BMS2018”. Full papers written without using the template will not proceed to review.
Template_BMS2018.dotx Instructions for authors.docx Submission sample Publish sample
- Page limits: Up to 18 pages, which corresponds to approximately six pages in the two-column proceedings.
- Manuscripts are only accepted in English (British spelling).
- SI (Metric) Units must be used for all quantities in the text, figures, and tables.
- A filename of the manuscript must be saved as First name_Family name.docx
- All papers must be submitted by 30th April 2018. NEW!
- The Full Paper should be edited by an English speaking person before submission.
About peer review process
- Peer reviewed by two independent reviewers.
- The final decision of acceptance will be made by the editorial board of BMS2018.
- When the decision is final, authors will receive the notification by email and see the decision term in the submission system.
- Authors who receive a decision of ‘Revision’ have 14 days to resubmit the revised manuscript.
- In order to publish the proceeding in time for BMS2018 commencement date (17th September 2018), your punctual cooperation is greatly appreciated.
|30th April 2018||Deadline of full-paper submission NEW!|
|31st May 2018||End of early registration|
|31st July 2018||End of payment for presenting authors|
|31st August 2018||Deadline of all registration|
The BMS 2018 Organising Committee sincerely thanks the following sponsors
Message from our president
The XIIIth International Symposium on Biomechanics and Medicine in Swimming (BMS 2018) will be held at the University of Tsukuba from 17th to 21st September 2018.
BMS 2018 has the concept of “Swim for Tomorrow”, to connect the present with the past and the future. We would like to concentrate on the wisdom needed to swim towards tomorrow.
General topics in the symposium will include Biomechanics, Medicine, Physiology, Social Sciences, Humanities and Pedagogics, Information Science, Coaching, and Strength and Conditioning. We also plan to hold many scientific and social programs.
On behalf of the Japanese Society of Sciences in Swimming and Water Exercise (SWEX), I am very pleased to welcome BMS members to Japan. This is the first time for the BMS conference to be held in Asia since it began in 1970.
When I was a graduate student, I participated in the second BMS conference held in Belgium in 1974. I vividly recall how deeply impressed I was that the coaching clinics were open to everyone who was interested in swimming. After that conference, I thought that we Japanese must also organize our own society for academic research on swimming. Years later, SWEX was founded by Dr. Miyashita, the first President of our society. Since 1997, SWEX has held a national meeting every year to promote academic and scientific swimming research in Japan.
Recently, many Japanese swimming scientists have participated in the BMS symposiums and the number of Japanese first-author articles has reached over 100. Several Japanese authors have also had the honor of winning the Archimedes award.
The BMS 2018 participants will come into contact not only with Japan’s high-quality scientific technology, but also with teaching methodologies and education systems in the field of biomechanics and medicine in swimming for all generations. This conference will promote the spread of scientific knowledge in swimming and aquatic sports, and contribute to the development of research not only for scientists from Asia but from all around the world.
The Japan Swimming Federation (JASF), University of Tsukuba, Japan Institute of Sports Science (JISS) and several private companies will support this conference.
We look forward to seeing you at Tsukuba, Japan.